Thank you to everyone who participated, and we encourage you to read the more than 100 wonderful comments left below. -SR
Motorola sent me (Shannon) a Xoom tablet to give away. No hidden agenda, no stipulations -- they had simply heard how tablet computers can help people with autism, and they wanted to get two of their devices to people in the autism communities -- one to my son Leo, and one to a blog reader. A blog reader who could be you!
We TPGA editors had already planned to kick off the holiday season by seeding some positivity: putting up a gratitude post, and asking you readers to leave a comment about something that makes you feel happy or grateful -- and we still hope you will. But now, if you like, you can also make that comment an entry for our giveaway.
Our boy was also delighted to see favorite apps like the Dr. Seuss OmBooks, I'm intrigued by the variety of apps available -- Android Market does not require developers to ask for formal approval before publishing. Here are two Android apps resources for Autism/AAC that I'm going to be perusing, and I'll keep looking for others (suggestions welcome):
- AAC Apps for Android: appsforaac.net/content/aac-apps-android-0
- iAutism's List of Apps for Android: www.iautism.info/en/2011/03/25/list-of-apps-for-android
Participants must abide by our Giveaway rules. Additional stipulations:
- Your shipping address must be in the U.S., Canada, or Mexico.
- Only one comment per person will be counted, though you can certainly leave as many gratitude comments as you wish!
- Only comments on this website page will be counted -- not those from Facebook or Twitter.
- The eligibility period will be over at 11:59 PM Pacific Time on Saturday, November 26, 2011. Comments left after that time will not be counted.
- Only one winner will be selected, and will be announced on this site on Sunday, November 27th.